NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physician Assistant-Per Diem (ENT/URO) - Brooklyn.
In this role, the successful candidate The Physician Assistant will provide care to patients in the Department and in the subspecialties as needed. The Physician Assistant will follow established standards, procedures, and practices, and give specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
- Provide direct care to individuals and families consistent with the philosophy of Lutheran Medical Center and the departmental/institutional goals. This includes the provision of safety, well being of patients and visitors and maintenance of patient rights and confidentiality.
- Practices within the scope of delineated privileges
- Participate in activities fostering professional growth and maintenance of certification.
- Direct, instruct and evaluate activities of P.A. and medical students as appropriate.
- Be on call during non-working hours to assist attendings in urgent or emergent situations/procedures.
- Attend all scheduled departmental meetings/conferences.
- Participate in committees as appropriate
- Participate in activities relating to Quality Improvement as needed.
- Provide preventive health services including counseling and teaching in Health Maintenance and problem related areas.
- Collaboratively work with other healthcare professionals and families of patients in the physical and emotional transitions of admissions, care and discharge.
- Participates in rounds with the attending staff and/or the housestaff on assigned patients.
- Perform emergency life saving procedures in the absence of a physician.
- Evaluation and management of critical care patients.
- Maintain required unit records, report and statistics necessary for administrative purpose and reimbursement, including discharge summaries.
- Documentation of all patient encounters including: Patient assessment and progress notes Treatment rendered Patient teaching Follow-up Referral
- Provide diagnostic and assessment services to patients in the Department of Surgery, utilizing a problem solving approach: Obtain a detailed history and perform physical examinations on patients in the Department of Surgery and/or on assigned patients. Take into consideration the age, growth and developmental stage of the patient when assessment, treatment and/or care is being rendered. Write appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants and depressant drugs after consulting with a physician. Implement a therapeutic regime or protocol appropriate for the diagnosis in accordance with institutional protocols and after consultation with the attending physician. Monitor the patient's response to therapeutic regime. Notify the attending physician of changes in the patient's condition. Consultation of Specialists and/or Medical preceptor for complex patient care situations.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- 0-1 years relevant experience.
- Currently Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of New York.
- BLS and ACLS required upon hire.
- DEA Certificate required.
Required Licenses: Physician Assistant Lic-NYS, Ntl Com Cert Physician Asst
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Employment/Position Type:Per Diem
Share On :