Friends Nursing Home Inc
JOB TITLE: Nursing Home Administrator
Job Relationships: Chief Financial Officer, Director of Facilities and Project Management, Director of HR, Dining Service Director, Development Director, and Resource Coordinator.
Supervised by: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Director of Nursing, Director of Social Services, Director of Activities, Director of Admissions and Dietician.
Is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Health Care Center and Assisted Living. Responsible for leading all day to day operations of the health care center and assisted living in accordance with federal, state, county regulations, and Friends House policies that supports excellence in all residential services and compassionate care of the highest quality.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training, Experience, and Abilities
Is licensed or is qualified to be licensed as a nursing home administrator in the state of Maryland.
Experience in health care management and skilled nursing environment.
Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication.
Proficiency in nursing practices, procedures and guidelines, regulations, laws pertaining to long term care administration.
Maintains CPR and First Aid credentials
Ability to juggle multiple priorities
Demonstrates good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours.
Proficiency in computer skills Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel).
Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Coordinates the activities of all departments to ensure compliance with Friends Nursing Home and Assisted Living policies as well as federal, state, and county regulations.
- Oversees the admissions program so that admissions reflect appropriate resident placement while maintaining budgeted occupancy rates. Coordinates with FHRC on resident information need statement.
- Is responsible for the operations of the organization. Organizes an appropriate "on-call” systems to assure leadership coverage. Functions as the primary "on-call" individual for non-maintenance needs.
- Prepares and manages the annual budgets, the capital budgets, and annual inventory of supplies.
- Is responsible for the coordination of resident services to assure and maintain the quality of resident care through appropriate staff committee meetings such as: Pharmacy, Infection Control, Resident Care, Policy Review, and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Committee.
- Manages the hiring, scheduling, evaluating, and disciplining of all staff in the Nursing and Assisted Living programs. Utilizes the centralized human resource policy for hiring of new employees.
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer takes primary responsibility in developing and updating nursing philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Reviews and consults with nurses, activities, and housekeeping departments on staff and resident issues. Assures all issues are documented as required and resolved.
- Coordinates and oversees resident transfers when necessary between Assisted living, Long-term care Units. Works closely with the Resource Coordinator on transfers between Independent living and Nursing/Assisted Living.
- Participates in community wide efforts to ensure proper placement of residents by level of care.
- Assists in developing the annual marketing plan for the health care center and assisted living.
- Participates in and prepares for surveys and inspections made by state, federal and compliance program.
- Understands and manages the department budget to include labor and other expenses and its impact on Friends House’s bottom line.
- Daily review of timekeeping practices and payroll reports to ensure all hours worked are recorded accurately.
- Conducts timely performance evaluations with constructive feedback
- Hold teams accountable and correct actions when necessary and documents
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Industry.
- Challenges systems to maintain most effective and efficient processes in all aspects of operations.
- Assures resident quality of care and family relationships are given primary focus. Follows up immediately on any care concerns by either the resident or family.
- Attends Board meetings as required.
- Other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Abides by the standards and practices as set forth in the Corporate Compliance Code of Conduct.
JOB DEMANDS: Physical, Emotional
Light physical activity involved.
All work areas have good lighting and ventilation.
Emotional demands are substantial, because of constant interaction with residents and staff.
Exposures to infectious diseases are possible. Employees who are immunosuppressed should be aware of the potential hazards.
I have received a copy of this job description. I have read and understand the job qualifications, responsibilities and demands.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :